Regardless of the type of course you choose, you will always find yourself in a relatively small group. MILC makes sure groups are small so you can enjoy a more dynamic and stimulating learning experience. You will also have several out-of-class activities guided by your teacher during school hours and also outside class schedules. These outings will bring you closer to your peers and help you use what you have learned in class in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Here are a few worth-while highlights winter in Montreal has to offer:
- Attend outdoor concerts and activities emphasizing light, fire and pyrotechnics during the Montreal High Lights Festival.
- Experience the Nuit Blanche à Montréal. This is an unforgettable night of performing arts, parties and more!
- Ice skate on Beaver Lake, frozen in the winter!
- Visit the Botanical Garden, Insectarium and the Olympic Stadium.
- Explore the history of Earth and beyond at the Planetarium or the Cosmodome.
- Take in the splendor of the Saint-Joseph Oratory.
- Visit world-class museums such as the Canadian Centre of Architecture, the Fine Arts Museum and more!
- Check out the latest movies at the theatres or go to IMAX for a 3D experience!
- Discover Montreal's underground music scene, full of amazing local talent!
- Taste authentic foods from Portugal to Guyana to Ethiopia and Greece at one of the many Montreal restaurants.
- Buy a ticket for a hockey game and cheer for your team at the Bell Center!
Take a sneak peek at the activities that make Montreal the best city to be in during the summer:
- Take a walking tour of Griffintown, a historical neighborhood that reveals Montreal's past.
- Dance outdoors every Sunday to the beats of internationally renowned DJs during the PikNic Electronik Festival!
- Take a romantic stroll through floral landscapes at the Botanical Garden and discover its summer beauty!
- Mark your calendar with all the free and paying concerts of Montreal's International Jazz Festival.
- Discover Francophone artists during the Francofolies.
- Laugh and scream with your friends on one of the many rollercoaster rides at LaRonde!
- Enjoy live jazz music and fine dining in the Old Port.
- Gather with your friends on the Jacques-Cartier Bridge to watch the international fireworks competition!